Sunday, January 21, 2018

Volcano island, Jeju

In my environmental science class, we learned about volcanoes. After learning more about volcanoes during class, I was interested to find more about volcanic eruptions. The nearest volcano to where I live is Hallasan, which is on the Jeju Island. I am surprised that Hallasan is, though disputed, classified as an active volcano. If the volcano erupted in the last 10000 years, it is considered active, and Hallasan exploded approximately 5000 years ago.

I wondered, what were the environmental effects to the early Korean civilization when it erupted 5000 years ago? I also wondered whether the island itself was formed because of Hallasan. In addition, I wondered whether scientists can predict when Hallasan is going to explode.

I can learn more about Hallasan by sear ching it on the Internet. Maybe I can visit it when I have the time in the future. After doing some research, I could clearly understand how the Jeju was formed and I could understand about volcanoes better.




http://www.softschools.com/facts/wonders_of_the_world/jeju_island_facts/105/

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/07/140722102251.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment