Sunday, January 28, 2018

World is melting!

In my environmental science class, we have learned about the glaciers and polar ice caps. So, I started to research about them. I learned that polar ice caps are not the only ice melting in the world. Glaciers in the mountains are also melting at an accelerating rate as well. 

I could easily tell that by my experience when I visited Russia 5 years ago. I went to this glacier in Russia. And I have found out that the level has changed and the glaciers have been retreated after 5 years ago.

Some people believes that glaciers are over the mountains, so it won't have direct effect in raising the sea level unlike ice caps. However, as we learned in the water cycle, all the melted glaciers evaporate to the atmosphere and rains down on the ocean as precipitation as well, raising the sea level. Polar ice caps are not the only ice supply we should consider when thinking about global warming. By doing this research, I could clearly understand the concept of glaciers that are melting quick
rate.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/global-warming/big-thaw/

No comments:

Post a Comment