Sunday, October 1, 2017

Dangerous Ozone Layer

Today in my environmental science class, we have learned about ozone layer. This topic is very exciting topic for me because it helps me understand about current issue about Earth. When I was in elementary school, I was interested to learn about ozone layer. This is due to the fact that, my friend from Australia once told me, how serious the ozone layer has been destroyed by then and how people are having issues such as skin cancer. My friend was really worried about the issue, therefore, I remember that I have researched about ozone layer back then. We have learned about concept of ozone layer in my environmental class. We concluded our idea "basic structure of ozone layer." However, I was wondering the reason why ozone layer keeps breaking and what is the consequence of ozone layer.

Ozone layer was and until now, is serious issue to our society. Many people where countries that ozone layer has been destroyed are having serious concern about ozone layer. Ozone layer is a region of Earth's stratosphere that absorbs most of the Sun's ultraviolet (UV) radiation. Which means, ozone layer absorb most of the Sun's ray. If not, people would not be able to survive from the direct Sun's ray. However, sad news is that our ozone layer is starting to deplete and have a hole. This is due to the fact that global warming is continuously destroying the ozone layer with high carbon dioxide. Australia is having this situation and many people are worried about the this issue. To this end, many people are getting skin cancer.

Therefore, I learned that ozone layer is not safe enough to protect people from Earth. In this regard, I want to conclude that humans need to stop global warming instantly, so that people can live in healthy Earth. 



http://www.theozonehole.com/ozonedestruction.htm
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/global-warming/ozone-depletion/



No comments:

Post a Comment