Sunday, November 19, 2017

Beavers are moving!

Today in my environmental science class, we learned about biome which contains tundra. What we have learned from the class is that tundra is cold place where there are only few living things can adapt the weather condition such as penguins, polar bears, and etc...So I was wondering why theses kind of animals are able to adapt from the climate. Therefore, I searched up internet to see what animals are living in the tundra.

 Recently, I read an article about beavers are moving to the tundra zone. They are moving to Alaska's Northwestern. It is very astonishing fact because it is very cold place for beaver to make it as their house. Since it was not coming to me, I had to research about it. According to my research I have found out that beavers have feet that is capable to stand on the snow without freezing. Not only that, beavers have great sense of adaptation skills.  Therefore I learned that tundra is great place for beavers to adapt as their new home.


http://www.newsminer.com/features/sundays/alaska_science_forum/beavers-making-themselves-at-home-in-an-unlikely-place-alaska/article_322d7736-cb39-11e7-8b3d-370943f9da56.html

No comments:

Post a Comment