Saturday, August 26, 2017

The planet's temperature is rising: Global Warming

Today we learnt about pollution in our environmental class and I learnt that weather is relevant with pollution. I feel like weather is getting worse every single year. During summer, I feel like it's getting hotter and during winter, I feel like it's getting shorter. According to the research, global warming is the main cause of this. Then why does it occur? How can people stop it? What will happen if this keep goes on? I had a lot of questions that popped out in my brain and I decided to write these questions' answers on my blog. I read an article which helps my answer.

First of all, according to an article, global warming causes mainly by carbon dioxide. This is due to the fact that carbon dioxide consume reflected heat from the surface of Earth, which means that the heat from Earth will not be able to move on to the space because carbon dioxide is consuming all the heat, that will heat the Earth. What can people do to stop making carbon dioxide?  According to an article, carbon dioxide is made when we burn fossil fuels such as oil, coal, and natural gas that is basically for electricity, vehicles, heat and etc.. Basically, it will be quite hard for people to stop global warming.

On the other hand, if the global warming keep continues, people will be in trouble by increase of sea level, extreme storms rise in some areas, more droughts and etc... which will ultimately cause extinction of living things. In order to stop that, people should stop making carbon dioxide. Therefore, scientist nowadays are making substitution that makes people to stop burning fossil fuels. I strongly believe that people should care more about how serious is global warming.

http://www.ucsusa.org/our-work/global-warming/science-and-impacts/global-warming-science#.WaIpsj5JbIU

No comments:

Post a Comment